Wednesday, September 7

DRUGS

So, I am officially on Diabetic drugs. I did not want to take insulin, so at least that part of my request is being honored. I started Amaryl yesterday. 2 mg. About 2 hours after I took it, I began suffering from HYPO-glycemia. My blood sugar plummeted! I had to drink chocolate milk to get it back up again! (And eat a croissant, but must we go into details?)
But throughout the day, my numbers were SUPER low! Between 90 and 130. I haven't had numbers like that in awhile. It makes me feel good and I can slowly feel myself begin to wonder what all the fuss was about when it came to taking DRUGS! Oh yea, I wanted to remain drug free and treat it naturally. I have done this to myself really. I have no self discipline. So, I will take the drug for now. Taking it forces me to be disciplined with my eating. At least the timing of my eating. I have to eat regularly or else my blood sugar PLUMMETS. (I like that word today: Plummet) So, Amaryl, my new drug. So far, I can handle it.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Stupid Ken, who is a stupid spammer. You ought to delete that comment of his.

I'm glad you're back and that the drugs are helping.