I've been tagged by Jen at 'Use Real Butter' and can I just say what a THRILL it gave me? I LOVE her blog and have mentioned it several times on this one,usually for sending me into fits of cravings after having seen something she has made. She is amazing and is worthy of your reading! So, needless to say, being tagged by her felt a little like getting asked to sit with the popular kids at lunch.
Here are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.
So, FIVE things about me:
1. As a child, I was OBSESSED with The Chronicles of Narnia. I wanted DESPERATLY to get transported into Narnia to do Aslan's work thereby fulfilling my destiny. I do not know how many times I read 'The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe', it never got old. My greatgrandmother, Mama, had an old wardrobe in her closet and I used to go in there and stand in front of the old piece of furniture with butterflies in my stomach, knowing that THIS time, I would go through it and end up in a snowy, wintery Narnia, just like Lucy had. Of course I was always bitterly disappointed, but that didn't stop me from having the FAITH that it just might happen...someday. When I moved to Norway, we were out for a walk in the woods one day and I suddenly looked up, and my heart skipped a beat. Whenever I had imagined what my first view of Narnia would be, was right before me, and it gave me goosebumps:
Alas, Aslan did not come bounding out of the forest, but it made me feel good inside to have a bit of my childhood desire fulfilled in a very unexpected way!
2. When I was 2 or so, I thought it would be a good idea to drink some 'Liquid Gold' furniture polish. Who knows why. Panic ensued. I was rushed to the hospital and saved. Death by furniture polish, what a pitiful way to go. I am probably the reason why they invented child safety tops shortly thereafter:
3. My husband and I are in Rick Steve's Scandanavia 2007 travel book! Long story short, he came to Oslo to do research, we showed him around town, he took a picture of us holding a pack of hotdogs and a six pack of beer and the rest is history! It's in the Oslo section. Good times:
4. Very little grosses me out. I don't know why. Give me blood, vomit, poo, whatever, I can handle it. Makes me think I have way undershot my potential and I should have been a surgeon.
5. I have a highly developed sense of smell. I can tell you the different smells and tastes in wines and identify the various notes in perfumes with astounding accuracy. It is kind of weird. And I also associate smell with taste. For example, I will say 'Oh, this tastes like honeysuckle smells'. There is a scientific name for it, but I can't remember what it is. Oh, and I smell diabetic people
There you go. Those are some fascinating things about yours truly!
So now, who to tag?
1. I tag Amylia Mainly because I think she is a pretty amazing person. She writes beautifully and always makes me think. Plus, she got to go to an Oprah taping last week, and I think that is REALLY something. PLUS, she is an identical twin, and since losing my little sister Courtney, who was also an identical twin, I have an ifinity for those single egg pairs.
2. The Homesick Texan:
This girl is amazing! Whenever I am feeling down in the dumps and missing Texas, I go over to her blog and feel my soul being FILLED. Everything she makes is MAGIC.
3. Shell at 'Fiber among the roses'. I don't know her yet, but people who can knit and make ACTUAL things you can WEAR, I find VERY impressive!
Sad, I know, but I don't know anyone else to tag! So, I am breaking the rules.
Thank you Jen for tagging me!